What began as a single entity in Singapore four decades ago has developed into
a global network of companies — each of them leaders in their niche fields, serving a wide span of industries.
Trace Accuron’s journey of growth through our key milestones below.
Singapore Aerospace Manufacturing (SAM) is incorporated to serve the needs of the Republic of Singapore Armed Forces.
Advanced Materials Technologies (AMT) enters the metal injection moulding (MIM) business.
Singapore Technologies (ST) Group enters into a joint venture with Dornier Medizintechnik GmbH (DMT) to form Dornier MedTech Asia. The company manufactures compact lithotripters for developing markets.
- Singapore Technologies Precision Engineering Pte Ltd (STPE) is incorporated to take control of ST Group's precision engineering businesses.
- SAM-Rohr Inc forms Rohr Aero Services - Asia Pte Ltd (RASA), a 50:50 joint venture company to maintain, repair, and overhaul engine nacelles.
- SAM and China National Aero-Technology Import and Export Corporation set up CASINDA to facilitate the manufacture of A320 aircraft rear passenger doors in China.
- ST Group takes 80% stake in DMT with the EADS Group owning the remaining 20%.
- SAM divests the RASA joint venture to focus on aerospace component manufacturing.
- ST Group restructures, and its subsidiaries — SAM and AMT — move under STPE. Both SAM and AMT are now established niche players in their respective markets globally.